Rocking Bing decision engine
Come on guys, at last Google has fitting competitor, Microsoft.
Microsoft’s Bing is really doing very well. At last Microsoft has come out with decent serarch engine (they call it is as decision engine), leaving the crappy MSN search / Live search. I tested it for last couple of weeks. Here are my observations on this rocking engine. Since Google has become defacto standard for search (Google has become verb for search), don’t mind when I compare Bing with Google.
1. Relevancy wise Web search results are at par with Google, some cases Google is better and in some other cases Bing is better.
2. In Image search category, definitely I feel Bing is the leader now, pushing back the Google. The amazing filters and similar image features are wonderful addons to the Bing. Scroll bar to navigate more result image is also a nice feature.
3. Bing offers Video search results as thumbnails. When mouse is hovered on the thumbnail, it is played.
4. Relevancy is mostly better in case of image and video search.
5. Web interface is similar that of Google, except colorful background.
6. Presentation of search results is pleasing to eye and comfortable to navigate.
Some of these features, I have seen in Google’s test bed called SearchMash. But this site is down for some reason.
It is good sign that Google vs Microsoft competition is getting tougher with this release of Bing. This will help the people to get better search engine cracking the monopoly. Healthy competition leads to better products and affordable price.
After long time, my congrats to Microsoft for the wonderful product. I use bing and google parallely in my system to evaluate more on this.